Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER

Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER
HomeIndy$300m Fyansford plan back on table

$300m Fyansford plan back on table

By Noel Murphy
A FAILED $300 million Fyansford Green project could yet be revived, with property agents Knight Frank reporting multiple expressions of interest in buying the site.
The 115-hectare parcel at the former Fyansford cement works/quarry was to have hosted about 2000 houses until developer Moltoni Group’s division for the project went into receivership last last year.
Michael Hede, Knight Frank’s director of commercial sales, said his company was working up a short list from “multiple expressions of interest” to progress to a second round.
‘It’s still viable, absolutely, ‘’ he said this week.
“The market responded that way, it’s been received very positively.
“The site is one of the better residential parcels in the Geelong region. It’s five minutes to the west of the Geelong CBD and has close access to the ring road.
“The hilltop land along McCurdy Rd probably affords the best country views in the whole of Geelong.’’
Developer Rob Moltoni first dreamed of turning the former cement works into a housing project more than a decade ago.
Since then the site has been razed and its giant chimney stacks felled. It has been subject to ongoing environmental work due to chemicals use and steel and cement structures, during its century-long role as a cement works.
The land was rezoned from industrial to residential in 2008 but the project lapsed. Ernst & Young were appointed receivers in October last year.

Digital Edition
Subscribe

Get an all ACCESS PASS to the News and your Digital Edition with an online subscription

From the archives

17 years ago 20 February, 2009 A company is investigating potential for a wave power plant off the region’s coastline. Western Australia-based Carnegie Corporation is in talks...

Pickleball opens up

More News

The power of creativity (and robots)

Jolyon James’ stage show Robot Song centres on the story of a young autistic child, Juniper, struggling to find her place in the world. A...

Guitar legend amps up for tour

Nathan Cavaleri comes to Geelong this weekend as part of a 18-show tour of his new album Live at the Wheaty. Hailed as a blues-rock...

Grove cements top spot

Ocean Grove cemented its place at the top of Section 4 Mixed with a commanding 6-0 win over second placed Surfcoast Torquay in Tennis...

Community calendar

Austrian Club Geelong Alpine music featuring Alpen Musikanten, Sunday 22 February, noon-5pm. Tickets $20 ($15 members). Meals and drinks available. ■ Irmela 0435995 200 Book sale Uniting Grovedale,...

Grubbers land recruiting coup

Ocean Grove has pulled off a stunning recruiting coup with Gary Rohan set to wear the red and white this Bellarine Football League season. Rohan,...

Boy arrested over stabbing

Geelong Crime Investigation Unit detectives have arrested a boy following a stabbing in Geelong’s Little Malop Street yesterday afternoon. It is alleged a boy stabbed...

Why Australia’s Favourite Regional City is Leading the 2026 Jobs Boom

Geelong has been building momentum for years, but a turning point has arrived. Once seen as a city with potential, it now stands at...

Cleaning up litter

People can help keep the region’s beaches, foreshores and marine environment clean during the upcoming Clean Up Australia Day. Clean-up events will...

Convoy for kids

Hundreds of trucks will take to Geelong’s streets this weekend to raise money for families impacted by childhood cancer. The 11th annual...

Celebration of life in the north

A new exhibition delving into the heart of Norlane will open at Platform Arts this weekend. Led by artists Laura Alice and Yuhui Ng Rodriguez,...