Armed thug ‘bashes driver’ at Whittington

Police are hunting a man who allegedly punched a driver and threatened him with a weapon after a crash at Whittington.

A silver Mitsubishi Lancer containing a woman and two men chased a dark-coloured Ford ute containing two men on Townsend Rd about 8.25am Tuesday, police alleged.

The ute crashed into a pole near the intersection of Wilsons Rd before a man got out of the Lancer and punched the driver of the ute several times and threatened him with a weapon, police alleged.

A passer-by attempted to intervene but was also threatened by the man, police said.

The men from the ute then left the scene on foot while the occupants of the Mitsubishi Lancer left in their car.

The Mitsubishi Lancer was abandoned shortly after on Irwin Ct, Whittington, police said.

Investigators believe the occupants of the Mitsubishi Lancer were all Caucasian in appearance and aged in their 20s.

Police described one of the men as having short blonde hair at the top and sides and long hair at the back.

Police believed that the driver of the ute had a solid build and a scruffy beard.

Meanwhile, two men will face court over a pair of other incidents this month.

In the first incident police located an allegedly stolen Hyundai i30 hatchback at Surveyor Ct, Whittington, just after 3.30am Monday

The police began conducting enquiries about the vehicle when they and two witnesses heard “what sounded like a gunshot nearby”.

Police arrested a 43-year-old man, a 42-year-old man, a 32-year-old woman and a 31-year-old man at the scene.

They later released them without charge.

Police also arrested a 45-year-old Whittington man on an outstanding warrant and charged him with possessing a drug of dependence, handling stolen goods and possessing ammunition.

He was bailed to appear at Geelong Magistrates’ Court on 30 May.

Earlier this month transit police arrested and charged a man following an alleged assault at South Geelong Railway Station.

Police said the victim, a 40-year-old Geelong man, was on a Geelong-bound train on 1 February when the suspect was involved in a dispute with an unknown woman.

Police said the victim and woman got off the train at South Geelong Railway Station about 11.50pm.

The altercation continued on the platform when a 48-year-old Thomson man, who was believed to known to the woman, approached the pair and allegedly assaulted the victim, police alleged.

Police charged the Thomson man with intentionally causing serious injury and he is scheduled to appear before Geelong Magistrate’s Court on 24 May.

Police urged anyone with information on these incidents to phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Your first stop before buying a home. View the whole picture.