By Luke Voogt
Health authorities have identified two additional exposure sites in Geelong, including one in Waurn Ponds involving four separate time periods more than a week ago.
Barwon Health tonight listed Coles Waurn Ponds, including the supermarket’s loading dock, as a tier two exposure site on:
• August 14 from 4pm to 5pm,
• August 14 from 11.45pm to 12.30am on August 15, and
• August 15 from 3pm to 3.45pm and from 10.45pm to 11.30pm.
Barwon Health also listed Xavier’s Kebabs at 10 Mercer Street, Geelong, as a tier two exposure site from 11.45pm, August 18, to 1am, August 19.
The exposure sites follow the notification of a positive case and contact-tracing investigations, according to Barwon Health.
Barwon Health has yet to specify if the case is a Geelong local.
“If you have attended any of these sites at the dates and times listed, you must get tested and isolate until you receive a negative result,” the health provider posted on social media.
Barwon Health advised pop-up testing sites had opened at Deakin University, Waurn Ponds, Geelong Showgrounds and Beckley Park Corio.
The new exposure sites follow the confirmation of 11 other Geelong exposure sites earlier this week.
Barwon Health on Tuesday morning confirmed five tier two sites in Corio for Saturday, August 21, including:
• Corio Village Shopping Centre common mall areas from 12.15pm to 2pm;
• Chemist Warehouse from 12.15pm to 1.45pm;
• Coles from 12.20pm to 1.30pm;
• Corio Fruit and Veg Market from 12.55pm to 1.30pm; and
• McDonalds from 1.00pm to 1.45pm.
That afternoon the health provider released another six tier two exposure sites including:
• Riordan Fuels Lara (Shell), 1 Forrest Road, from 1.25pm to 2.10pm on Sunday, August 22;
• Bunnings Norlane from 3.15pm to 4.15pm on Friday, August 20;
• Coles Lara Village from 1pm to 2.30pm on Thursday, August 19;
• BP Little River – Princes Highway Geelong-bound, from 5.45pm to 6.15pm on Thursday, August 19;
• Lara Post Office from noon to 1.30pm on Tuesday, August 17; and
• Lara Physiotherapy Health Network from 4pm to 5.30pm on Monday, August 16, and 5.35pm to 6.30pm on Tuesday, August 17.