Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER

Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER
HomeNewsUpgrades coming to St Albans

Upgrades coming to St Albans

St Albans Recreation Reserve will receive a significant upgrade to help improve the reserve’s facilities and accessibility.

The Thomson reserve was selected for the upgrade through the $17 million first round of the state government’s Pick My Park program and received a $250,000 grant for upgrade works.

Member for Geelong Christine Couzens said the project was focused on community connection and healthy living across the region.

“I am proud to announce that St Albans Recreation Reserve will receive the much-needed upgrades it deserves,” she said.

“It’s vital that families and individuals can access parks to exercise, play and connect with others in an inclusive, safe environment fit for all abilities.”

Chirnside Park, Hamlyn Park, and the Waurn Ponds Skate Park Precinct also received $250,000 grants for upgrades through the program.

Minister for Development Victoria and Precincts Harriet Shing said the Pick My Park program aimed to build or upgrade parks across the state.

“We’ve listened to the community, and we’re delivering the parks and playgrounds that families want in some of our fastest growing suburbs,” she said.

“These investments across our growing communities are making life easier, more affordable and more enjoyable by delivering new parks and playgrounds closer to home.”

Round two of the $30 million Pick My Park program is currently open, with the applications portal open from 19 February to 2 April.

Visit planning.vic.gov.au/guides-and-resources/strategies-and-initiatives/pick-my-park for more information.

Previous article
Digital Edition
Subscribe

Get an all ACCESS PASS to the News and your Digital Edition with an online subscription

Upgrading Fischer Street

Safety upgrades will continue along Torquay’s Fischer Street, with the next stage of works starting next week. Road closures at the...
More News

Mayor raises school bus concerns

Geelong’s mayor has called on the state government to address a “systemic failure” in ensuring the region's students are able to safely travel to...

Juggling act for GFNL fixtures

AFL Barwon has announced a 20-round home-and-away fixture for the Geelong Football Netball League following the withdrawal of Lara from this year’s senior footy...

Improved access for TAFE

Geelong students living with a disability will soon have improved access, inclusion and employment outcomes with a new TAFE centre. Construction began...

Grubbers dig in against disciplined Bulls’ attack

Ocean Grove all-rounder Connor Weidemann believes his side’s total of 177 all out against Newcomb was worth much more given the slowness of the...

Partnership not a waste

A research project to strengthen Australia’s capability to develop homegrown, sustainable protein solutions will be led by Deakin University and Bellarine Foods. The partnership, supported...

Jane takes the reins

A new chief executive has been chosen to lead the Borough of Queenscliffe, after the early end to Martin Gill’s contract late last year....

Hawks down Cats in practice match

Led by livewire Nick Watson, Hawthorn defeated Geelong by 17 points in a preseason practice match Dingley’s Kennedy Community Centre on Monday 16 February....

Queenscliff secures bowls double chance

Queenscliff gained a precious Geelong Bowls Region Premier Pennant double chance by finishing second on the ladder by the barest of margins after an...

Fun at the Sunset Run

The 2026 Flying Brick Bellarine Sunset Run was held on Saturday 14 February with a half-marathon and 10km run and the 4km Bully Buster...

Now for the finals

Independent photographer Ivan Kemp saw Ocean Grove defeat Belmont in Geelong Bowls Region Division 1 at Ocean Grove on Saturday 14 February. Both teams...