Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER

Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER
HomeIndyPortarlington harbour project tender call

Portarlington harbour project tender call

TENDERS have been called for the next stage of the $15 million Portarlington Safe Harbour development.
Member for Bellarine and water minister Lisa Neville said the next stage would include two rock breakwaters, a new finger jetty, pier improvements and a suite of marine industry access upgrades for the pier and harbour.
The project would also provide ferry infrastructure to support potential future services from Portarlington.
She said the project would support the Bellarine Peninsula’s growing aquaculture industry and help to boost economic development in the region.
The first stage of the project, which involved the construction of a new 175 metre section of Portarlington’s pier, was completed earlier this year.
“The next phase will transform the harbour over the next two years, delivering better facilities for the aquaculture industry and providing infrastructure for a future ferry,” Ms Neville said.
“This development will deliver on the Andrews Labor Government’s commitment to supporting the Bellarine community and will create jobs and boost economic development in the region.
She said the next phase of the development was due to start in February.

Digital Edition
Subscribe

Get an all ACCESS PASS to the News and your Digital Edition with an online subscription

Teen stabbed in Geelong

A teenage boy was taken to hospital with serious injuries this afternoon after being stabbed in Geelong’s Malop Street. Officers were called to the scene...

Out and about

More News

Hoodie resilience inspires

There are two pairs of hooded plovers along Buckley Park Foreshore that have two chicks each. One pair, PL (orange) and unbanded, have a habitat...

Out and about

Voice photographer Ivan Kemp thought there might be some activity at Ocean Grove main beach on Tuesday 17 February before the cool change swept...

Mixing authors with kids

Geelong students can participate in an inspiring literary program and meet celebrated children’s authors. State Library Victoria’s Young Regional Writers’ Program will bring...

Community digs deep for defib

Regional stakeholders have banded together to provide life-saving equipment to the Jan Juc community. A new automated external defibrillator (AED), donated by a local primary...

Fairytale return for Two Blues spinner

More than three years after his last 1st XI appearance and after a string of horrific leg injuries, Newtown & Chilwell spinner Chris Williams...

Supersaints aim to shape final four

St Albans/Breakwater captain Damien Biemans is hoping his side can upset a few of the teams vying for GCA4 finals in the final three...

Around the grounds

Independent photographer Ivan Kemp was at St Albans Reserve for the GCA4 clash between St Albans/Breakwater and Teesdale and at Ray Menzies Oval as...

‘Heal the wounds’: Selwood optimistic on bruised Cats

A bruising grand final loss and a testing start to the AFL season have Geelong great Joel Selwood seeing new challenges for his old...

Crossing safety for Barwon Heads

Two raised pedestrian crossings will be installed at a busy Barwon Heads intersection the state government announced. The crossings will be at the Barwon Heads...

Visser headlines runs stats

All the scores and results from Bellarine Peninsula Cricket Association and Geelong Cricket Association games played on Saturday 14 February. The highlight, a superb 175...