Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER

Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER
HomeIndy‘Get a job’, train traveller told

‘Get a job’, train traveller told

A V/LINE conductor snatched a Geelong train passenger’s ticket and told him to “get a job” after he forgot his concession card, according to a witness.
University student Francisco Rodriguez said he filed official complaints with V/Line and Public Transport Victoria (PTV) after witnessing the “appalling” behaviour last week.
“The conductor was extremely arrogant and seemed to think he was superior to anyone with a concession.”
Mr Rodriguez said the male conductor was checking for tickets when he found that the passenger had a ticket but no concession card.
“I had seen this guy before, so I thought they would just let it slip because he usually has a concession card, but the conductor didn’t at all.”
Mr Rodriguez said the passenger asked the conductor’s name after handing over his ticket.
“The conductor said ‘None of your f***ing business. (The passenger) told him ‘I need your name because I’m going to report you. I forgot my concession card and it’s not fair for you to take my ticket’.
“The conductor then told him to ‘Get a job’. I was extremely appalled and I could see people sitting close to me were as well.
“I could not believe someone was being treated like that.”
V/Line spokesman James Kelly said the company would investigate and respond to the complaint.
“Complaints of any nature against staff are taken seriously – their role is to be of help to customers and ensure everybody’s safety in running the train,” Mr Kelly said.

Digital Edition
Subscribe

Get an all ACCESS PASS to the News and your Digital Edition with an online subscription

Juggling act for GFNL fixtures

AFL Barwon has announced a 20-round home-and-away fixture for the Geelong Football Netball League following the withdrawal of Lara from this year’s senior footy...
More News

Grubbers dig in against disciplined Bulls’ attack

Ocean Grove all-rounder Connor Weidemann believes his side’s total of 177 all out against Newcomb was worth much more given the slowness of the...

Partnership not a waste

A research project to strengthen Australia’s capability to develop homegrown, sustainable protein solutions will be led by Deakin University and Bellarine Foods. The partnership, supported...

Jane takes the reins

A new chief executive has been chosen to lead the Borough of Queenscliffe, after the early end to Martin Gill’s contract late last year....

Hawks down Cats in practice match

Led by livewire Nick Watson, Hawthorn defeated Geelong by 17 points in a preseason practice match Dingley’s Kennedy Community Centre on Monday 16 February....

Queenscliff secures bowls double chance

Queenscliff gained a precious Geelong Bowls Region Premier Pennant double chance by finishing second on the ladder by the barest of margins after an...

Fun at the Sunset Run

The 2026 Flying Brick Bellarine Sunset Run was held on Saturday 14 February with a half-marathon and 10km run and the 4km Bully Buster...

Now for the finals

Independent photographer Ivan Kemp saw Ocean Grove defeat Belmont in Geelong Bowls Region Division 1 at Ocean Grove on Saturday 14 February. Both teams...

All sides jostling for ladder positions with one round to go

Things are tight in the Geelong Women’s Cricket A Grade competition with one round to go before finals. East Belmont leads the competition, four points...

Around the grounds

Independent photographer Ivan Kemp was at St Albans Reserve for the GCA4 clash between St Albans/Breakwater and at Ray Menzies Oval as Ocean Grove...

Geelong wins Country Week title

Geelong won a second consecutive Provincial Division title at Melbourne Country Week after dropping its first game against Ballarat and then going on a...